There is nothing more delicious than good cooked eggs!
It’s no matter how we prepare them, friend, scrambled, poached or boiled they are so much Healthy and good for us. But it is so important to know does our Eggs come from a healthy chicken.
How Can We Recognize is a Chicken Healthy!?
Healthy chickens eat a lot of different foods every day. Their menu includes even meat, because they do need it! It includes different bugs, mice and even snakes!
All the healthy and good nutrients they eat help in transmitting it to their eggs!
To get these nutrients, chicken need’s a lot of fresh air and they need to move free around their space. Those chickens that are locked in small spaces for their entire life do not receive enough vitamins and minerals so they tend to have also bad and not healthy eggs as the eggs of the free-range chickens.
How Can we Recognize a quality egg? Here are some characteristics:
1) Shell density and hardness: If the egg cracks easily than it is not a good-quality egg. Chickens which have a rich diet and a good overall health produce very strong eggs. If an egg is really healthy its shell should be very difficult to crack.
2) The color of the Yolk: For most people it is quite usual to see eggs with light or bright yellow yolks. However, this is not the perfect yolk color. The ideal color for the chicken yolks is deep orange. Next time you eat eggs check out the color of its yolk to make sure that you eat really good and healthy eggs.
3) Thickness of the Yolk: The quality on the egg can be determined by the thickness of its yolk. The healthy egg yolks are usually thicker and rounder.
4) Many researchers report that the healthy nutrition in chickens plays a great role in producing healthy eggs. A report in the Oxford Journal observes that the amount of beta carotene in eggs can be increased if the chickens consume more beta carotene. The Journal of Agricultural Food Chemistry states that the level of omega-3 fatty acids can be increased by increasing the DHA levels in chickens’ diet.
WHERE CAN I FIND HEALTHY EGGS?
1) Now when you know how a healthy chicken egg really looks like, you might be interested in the place where you can find them. Since there is a significant growth of the agricultural industry, you have plenty of choice for eggs.
2) If you have enough space and desire, you can buy your own chickens and keep them in your garden. There they will have everything they need to produce the most delicious healthy eggs for you and your dear family.
3) Contacting a local farm and asking for the way they raise their chickens is really not a bad idea. If their chickens are free and have access to different varieties of foods, then you can certainly give these eggs a try.
You should definitely make an effort and try the eggs with orange yolk. We can guarantee that this effort will pay off as soon as you taste the difference!